Gönderen Konu: Chocolate Boozy Orange Cake  (Okunma sayısı 26 defa)

MaryMontgomery

• Yeni Üye
  • İleti: 1
    • Profili Görüntüle
Chocolate Boozy Orange Cake
« : 06 Kasım 2019, 05:54:31 »
Well basically it is an email conversation we had at about 4:00 ish. I had to make something quick. Mm .. fast and delicious. So the way back, I decided in the car that I would make a chocolate cake, sandwiched with Grand Marnier mousse that causes one of my favorite liquour Cointreau as well and I have not used it yet because it bought in duty free shops in Seoul. Have some eggs from the grocery store and I almost always have oranges at home, I know making things with oranges will not be a hassle.

at 5.30pm ish, make a chocolate cake, put in the oven. Walking the dog, bum around, the mother came back to cook, now I have to be really careful not to have tau chu sauce in my orange juice as she was cooking fish with sauce chu tau. Come 7:00, makes great marnier mousse, assembled cake. Make some candied orange peel and julienne fall orange segments with some sugar and Grand Marnier. Taking a bath, mousse checked if it has been set. Make a quick ganache poured over a cake, set to relax for a while more. Watching tv, oranges arranged above, appears a candle, then it's time to go for yum char.

Char place yum arrived, we asked to wait to light candles and bring a cake for the birthday girl (oh late actually). Birthday girl has been stoned look on her face more than surprised that he wants to tell the waiter that they got the wrong table and that there was no one's birthday here. Lol, well of course it is one that is overdue. Better late than not at all.

Photo by BumbuMu

Photos are not too good, not smooth ganache, decor, whether it is as orange as it can get. But a great taste, mousse was so light and fluffy. The only downside is the rice crispy base that does not have the crispness. All in all, for the 'quick cake' was pretty good. I would skip the recipe for brown rice krispies cause I do not think it's good, it might be better feuilletine layer. one of those 'experimental' recipes. Feel free to.... take the plunge and give it a try. LOL.

Chocolate Boozy Orange Cake Recipes

Ingredients:
Chocolate cake
  • any light chocolate cake of your choice

Orange Grand Marnier Mousse
  • 2 1/2 tsp gelatin powder
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1 tbsp cold water
  • 50g sugar
  • 150ml cream
  • zest of 1/2 an orange
  • 2 tbsp Grand Marnier Liquour

Sugar Syrup
  • 1.5 parts water
  • 1 part sugar
[/li][/list]2-3 orange peel[/li]
[/list]

Boozy Orange segments
  • 1 orange
  • 20g sugar (or to taste)
  • 1 tbsp Grand Marnier Liquour

Candied  Orange peel
  • 1/2 an orange
  • 125ml water
  • 50g sugar
  • 100g icing sugar
  • pinch of salt

Chocolate Ganache
  • 100g chocolate
  • 10g butter
  • 120ml cream

Instructions:

1. Make Sugar Syrup. Bring sugar and water to a boil. Add bumbu orange peel. Let it sink in when you make other goods.

2. Make a chocolate cake. You can use chocolate cake recipe, except for flourless. Torte for 2 slices, 2 cm each layer.If using rice krispies or feuilletine layer, the cake should be only about 1.5 cm thick

3. While the chocolate cake cake, make Boozy orange segments and candied orange peel. Cut the skin off an orange and cut out segments. Well I can not really explain how this is done correctly, but all you do is slide your knife against the inside of the white membrane from both sides, then the orange segments out nice n clean. Put them in a bowl and sprinkle with caster sugar and some Grand Marnier. Stir and let sit until ready to use.

4. Make candied orange peel. Using a peeler, peel the orange peel, then julienne orange peels into long strips. In a pot, bring the sugar, salt and boiling water, then let it reduce to 2/3. Turn off the heat, throw in orange peel extract and coat them with sugar syrup. In the pan clean sheet, dust icing sugar, orange peel remove sans syrup, then throw them in sugar icing. Let dry until ready for use.

5. Make a Grand Marnier Mousse. Whip cream to medium peaks, cool in the refrigerator until ready to use. In a small bowl, stir powdered gelatin with cold water, let it bloom. In a small saucepan, bring orange juice and sugar until light boil, only to dissolve the sugar. gelatin cooked in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Stir in orange juice, and add the Grand Marnier Liquor. Stir the mixture over an ice bath to cool the temperature of orange juice. Then lightly fold in the whipped cream and mix until smooth.

6. To assemble, put a piece of chocolate cake in the bottom in the "ring of 6 cake (lets assume that no krispee here in the rice cake), using a brush, soak some syrup on the cake. Pour 1/2 of grand marnier mousse. Then add another layer of chocolate cake, syrup, mousse. then cover and let it set in the refrigerator for 1 hour. If there is rice krispies or feuilletine at the bottom, adding that the first to the bottom ring of cake, then only the chocolate cake.

7. Make Chocolate Ganache. In a bowl, pour in cream and chocolate buttons (or diced). Put in the microwave and cook for 30 seconds. Remove and stir well. When melted, stir in the butter. If not, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds then add the butter. Stir and let it cool down abit.

8. when the cake has set, remove the cake ring and pour the ganache over the cake. Put it in the refrigerator to set further.

9. Final assembly, filter segments drunk orange (citrus marinated syrup will leave behind a little), set on top of the cake. Scatter some matches orange peel and candied chocolate decorations on top.

10. Cut and eat

Photo by BumbuMu